Thursday, January 13, 2022

One day I will get the hang of this

There has been a long withstanding battle between my desire to animate things in 3d, and my ability to complete a project. I used to think I couldn't finish projects because I was too lazy or unorginized, but the last decade has demonstrated that I can finish projects and also do difficult things. Videos have become my content but I yearn to use the motion capture data I collected at the University of Lethbridge and I miss the flow state of animating anything. Yet, I open up Blender now and can tinker for hours without making tangible progress. I look at the posts before this one, things I wrote five years ago, back before I thought I could do anything valueable. Now, I know that I can hypothetically do anything, but I don't know what to do. Tutorials, more tutorials, learn and progress and learn more. There is an enormous barrier between me and something. It is not creativity. Creativity is a process and oh. I have to start with a story. If I know what the story I want to tell is, the rest will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment